Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Distilled

I'm asking for something, practically begging,
for what I don't know yet.

Drain the blood,
maybe there's something to this constant letting.

Brody says to revel in this to find the answers.

I'll take a number with my thumb up on the side of the road
and pray defeat finds me first.

I'm at the end of wasting time,
is this what I came for?

Spit me out, do anything.
Do anything.
 

I know I'll burn before you end my suffering.

I'm waiting for a signal in the sky I know will never come.
Craning my neck,
swallowing wonder in the meantime.

Maybe now's the time,
drive out in the middle of the night.
Black on black,
I'm finding answers in the meantime.

Hate to know you burned me like the sun so many times.

Is this what we amount to?

Hate to think we lost everything just waiting around.
Are we more than a highway
and words spoken to the moonlight?

Every passing day is time lost to hesitation.
And I'm not ashamed of anything.
I think you know everything about me.
Read me like a book
and that makes this so much worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment